Moist, easy to make and it freezes well !
Make and share this Double Berry Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped (or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 -3 teaspoons sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Mix the berries and toss with the flour, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and the sugar for approx 5 minutes, until light coloured and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and the eggs, one at the time, until well combined.Sift flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl, add to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with milk.
- Stir the berries into the batter and por into a greased 9x13 inchpan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpickinserted in the centre comes out clean.
- When cool cut into squares.
Very moist cake with good flavour. I halved the recipe and it still turned out very well. For those looking to do the same, mine was done in about 40 minutes in a 350F oven.
My 2.7 y/o twins loved it; "DEE-LEE-CIOUS", they said. It tasted even better on the second day. Thanks for a very yummy recipe.