Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From American Heart Association's Quick and Easy Cookbook. Per serving: 269 calories, 12 g protein, 50 g carb, 3 mg cholesterol, 4 g fat.
- 1 cup fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 -8 lettuce leaves
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- salsa (fresh or commercial)
- In a bowl, combine the refried beans, black beans, chilies, and cumin.
- Place lettuce leaves over tortillas.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture near one edge of each tortilla.
- Top with salsa if desired.
- Roll tortilla burrito-style (fold in the two sides of the tortilla, then roll up bottom to top).
- These can be eaten at room temperature or warmed in the microwave, if desired.
- **May substitute hotter peppers, such as jalapeno, if desired.
I really liked the combination of these ingredients. I did find the green chilis a bit overpowering for the amount of beans. Next time I make this I will use one whole can of refried beans and one whole can of black beans and keep the amount of the other ingredients the same. I also used corn tortillas instead of flour which reduced the calorie and fat content. These were really tasty and I will be making it again soon. It made a really quick and easy lunch!