Cook1 hr 5 mins
Banana's inside and out...from Bon Appetit.
Make and share this Double Banana Upside-Down Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 354.88 ml cake flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml mashed banana (about 2)
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 78.07 ml shortening
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- With electric mixer, cream brown sugar and butter. Spread mixture over bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish with 2 inch high sides. Arrange sliced bananas on top of mixture, covering completely. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Mix mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla in another small bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, cream 1 1/4 cups sugar and shortening until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each adition. Add dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Pour batter over bananas in pan. Bake until cake pulls away from sides of pan and a pick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Turn cake onto serving plate.
This cake is pure and utter gooey goodness! Amazing banana flavor. Nice and sweet. I used dark brown sugar in the topping and a bit of rum extract along with the vanilla in the batter. Mine did get a bit over browned, but a lot of that was my choice of pan (probably too dark). Done in 1 hour exactly. Reviewed for ZWT7.
Please report me to the authorities and call food.com, because gailanng, if you ever post something like this again, well, we.lll.....well....I am coming down south. That's it. What were you thinking when you posted something like this? Well, gosh darn it, you've turned the whole Longmeadow Farm upside down with your bananas. And .....I bet you're pretty darn proud of it too. Didn't change anything. Seriously, I am now obligated to make this for all of my country road. Thx. xoxox. Made for tour. ZWT7
Sticky and delicious, gone in 24 hours !!