1/1 Photo of Double Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Emma Pham's Note:
Light sweet and moist banana cake .
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (milk 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Step 2: Grease two round baking pans with butter (9 inches).
- 3Step 3: Mix flour, salt, baking soda in a medium bowl.
- 4Step 4: Mash bananas with lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 5Step 5: In a second bowl, beat sugar with butter until fluffy, and then beat in the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla.
- 6Step 6: Add flour to batter mixture and then slowly add milk. Beat at medium speed until ingredients are well blended. Finally, add the mashed banana mixture and stir well until smooth.
- 7Step 7: Pour batter into 2 round baking pans.
- 8Step 8: Bake in oven about 40 minutes or until cake is well done. Set aside and let cool before decorating.
- 9Cream Cheese Frosting Preparation:.
- 10Step 9: Beat 1 stick of butter with cream cheese until smooth, then add vanilla. Next add sugar, beat at slow speed, then high speed, until frosting is smooth.
- 11Step 10: Cover first layer with cream cheese and then slice one banana over the top and cover with a second layer of cream cheese. Cover entire cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle sliced roasted honey almonds over the top.
- 12Serves 6: Light, sweet, and moist!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Banana Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.4
- Calories from Fat 441
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 27.5 g
- Cholesterol 194.0 mg
- Sodium 779.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 52.2 g
- Protein 13.0 g