Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Light sweet and moist banana cake .
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (milk 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cream cheese frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1⁄3 cup almonds
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Step 2: Grease two round baking pans with butter (9 inches).
- Step 3: Mix flour, salt, baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Step 4: Mash bananas with lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Step 5: In a second bowl, beat sugar with butter until fluffy, and then beat in the eggs one at a time and add the vanilla.
- Step 6: Add flour to batter mixture and then slowly add milk. Beat at medium speed until ingredients are well blended. Finally, add the mashed banana mixture and stir well until smooth.
- Step 7: Pour batter into 2 round baking pans.
- Step 8: Bake in oven about 40 minutes or until cake is well done. Set aside and let cool before decorating.
- Cream Cheese Frosting Preparation:.
- Step 9: Beat 1 stick of butter with cream cheese until smooth, then add vanilla. Next add sugar, beat at slow speed, then high speed, until frosting is smooth.
- Step 10: Cover first layer with cream cheese and then slice one banana over the top and cover with a second layer of cream cheese. Cover entire cake with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle sliced roasted honey almonds over the top.
- Serves 6: Light, sweet, and moist!
This recipe really sounded good.. however, it's very poorly written and a bit confusing.. your ingrediants called for baking soda, but you say baking powder in the instructions.. also, you did not say when to add the bananas.. I had already started to make this, so it was too late before I realized the confusion. I ended up looking up other similiar recipes to see how they were written. The cake is in the oven now, so I'm hoping it will turn out.