Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
For mini loaves, bake in 4 mini loaf pans for 40 minutes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed ripe bananas (2 to 3 bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups post selects Banana Nut Crunch cereal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Beat eggs in small bowl; stir in bananas, oil and water.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Stir in cereal and walnuts.
- Pour into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
I love this recipe, I got it off the cereal box years ago. Thanks for posting, now I can throw away my cut out piece of cereal box.
Loved this bread...I had a similar recipe, but couldn't find it. Thanks for posting this one. PS...this is about the only thing to do with that cereal...great for bread, not so tasty in milk!!! Too funny!
Excellant, tasty banana bread, sorry I looked everywhere and could not find banana nuf crunch cereal so I subed with "Oatmeal crisp almond" it worked really well but I guess was not the intention of the recipe, "Double" banana bread. If I ever see the proper cereal I will try it again, in the meantime we are really enjoying it as is. Nice idea useing cereal in banana bread!