1/1 Photo of Double-Baked Potatoes With Mushrooms and Cheese
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This rich and creamy version of twice-baked potatoes can be prepared and assembled one day before baking. You can add more cream cheese and/or sour cream to make them creamier.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Pierce each potato in several places with fork.
- 3Place all potatoes directly on oven rack and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- 4Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 5Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to brown, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- 6Add green onions; stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- 7Using oven mitts as aid, cut each potato lengthwise in half.
- 8Scoop cooked potato flesh into large bowl, leaving skin intact.
- 9Add cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining 4 tablespoons butter and mash well.
- 10Mix in mushroom mixture and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Mound mashed potatoes in potato skins.
- 13Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon cheese.
- 14Place on baking sheet.
- 15(Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- 16Preheat oven to 375°F
- 17Bake potatoes until heated through and cheese melts, about 25 minutes, or 35 minutes if potatoes have been refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double-Baked Potatoes With Mushrooms and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.7
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 113.2 mg
- Sodium 453.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 20.6 g