Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
OOH what can I say - these are amazing - you will be in potato heaven !
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 250 ml chive & onion cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 -6 slices cooked bacon (or bacon bits)
- green onion tops or chives
- Wash and slice potatoes in half in the direction that will best offer a tipless boat.
- Wrap in foil and bake for one hour or 1 hour 15 minutes in a 350°F oven - you will know they are ready when you squeeze them and they give - if they don't give - they aren't quite ready yet.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Scoop all your potato flesh into a large bowl - pick the 6 best boats and Discard the remaining.
- Add cream cheese - pepper salt and butter and mash until nicely blended and smooth.
- Scoop the mash potato back into the boats - heap them up.
- Sprinkle bacon bits and chives / onion greens on top.
- Put back in a 350F oven for approximately 30 minutes - you just want them warmed up again but don't want to cause a crust.
- and EAT ! Buon Apetite !
- These potatoes are pictured with a nice top sirlon beef steak marinated in my "Red Wine Beef Marinade" - have a peek - they go really well together.