Recipe by Bev
Bite into a piece of this winning bread and savor its luscious, tangy apricot flavor. From BH&G.
Top Review by Akikobay
This is a great bread. I love that there is apricot flavor throughout and the pieces of dried apricot in addition. The texture is a bit heavier than other quick breads, but really perfect. It's not as sweet as one might think it would be, everybody in my family liked it very much. I did substitute melted butter for the oil because I had a bit left on hand that needed to be used. Worked great. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 (16 ounce) can apricot halves, drained
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup snipped dried apricot
Directions See How It's Made
- In the blender or food processor bowl blend or process canned apricot halves until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- In another bowl combine eggs, the apricot puree, milk and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Stir in dried apricots.
- Pour into two greased and floured 8 x 4 inch or 7 1/2 x 3 loaf pans.
- Bake in a 350°F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans. Cool completely.
- Slice and serve with margarine or butter, if desired.
- Make ahead tips: Wrap loaves in foil; refrigerate overnight.
- Or, wrap in foil; place in airtight freezer container or plastic freezer bags; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
- Thaw overnight before serving.