Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found from my Cooking Light magazine collection. These are just one of those extra special flavored scones that really aren't any more difficult to make than a normal scone. To really make them extra special for a party or brunch you could even top them with a drizzle of icing.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place apple juice in a small bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes or until juice boils. Remove from microwave and add the raisins and dried chopped apples and let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine buttermilk, sugar, butter and the apple juice mixture in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, walnuts, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture, stirring just until moist (expect the dough to be sticky).
- Drop the dough into 12 rounds (about a 1/4 cup) onto the baking sheet coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350F for 15-17 minutes or until golden in color. Let cool on a wire rack.