Recipe by HokiesMom
From Quaker Oats booklet printed in 1989. I love the flavor of these muffins and they are pretty healthy to boot! Hope you love them as much too! These freeze very well too - just make sure to wrap them individually. I reheat the frozen muffin in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Top Review by momaphet
This was a good hearty muffin, but both DH and I thought it needed something for that extra yum. I did double the cinnamon and added some nutmeg, maybe a little extra sugar or some lemon zest would bring out the flavor more. Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, uncooked (old fashioned or quick)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup apple, peeled, & chopped (about 1 medium sized apple)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400F and grease or line 12 muffin cups.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients EXCEPT the chopped apple, mixing just until moistened (do not overmix!).
- Gently fold in the apples.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.