Recipe by Boyz 5
Apples, Apples, Apples!!! We love apples in this house!! And we love apple cake even more!! Found this one in "CANADIAN LIVING". Applesauce makes this cake moist and low-fat.
- 2 large apples
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples; set aside.
- In bowl, beat sugar with butter until crumbly.
- Beat in egg, yogurt and vanilla.
- Combine flour, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt; fold into butter mixture alternately with applesauce, making 3 additions of dry and 2 of wet.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Arrange apples in overlapping concentric circles on top.
- TOPPING: Combine sugar, water and cinnamon; brush over apples.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes.
- Remove side of pan; let cool completely.