1/3 Photos of Double Apple Bundt Cake
1 hr 25 mins
Dona England's Note:
From "Baking, From My Home to Yours" Dorie Greenspan. I always like her recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 1.23 ml salt
- 147.89 ml butter, at room temperature
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 236.59 ml store bought apple butter
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 236.59 ml pecans or 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml plump moist raisins
- 1Center a rack in the over and preheat to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 9-10 inch bundt pan.
- 3Whisk together the dry ingredients, flour through salt.
- 4Working with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the butter and sugar on medium speed, scraping the bowl as needed, for 3 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth, thick, and pale.
- 5Add the eggs one at a time, beating for about 1 minutes after each addition; you'll have a light fluffy batter.
- 6Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat in the apple butter.
- 7Add the grated apples and mix to completely blend.
- 8Add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they disappear into the batter.
- 9Using a rubber spatula, fold in the nuts and raisins.
- 10Turn the batter into the bundt pan and smooth the top of the batter with the spatula.
- 11Bake for 50-55 minutes or until a thin knife inserted deep into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 12Transfer the cake to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- 13Cool completely before serving.
- 14The cake taste much better after a day or two.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Double Apple Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 47.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g