Jan in Lanark's Note:
Pickerel(or walleye) is one of our favourites- a very sweet fish, and if we're lucky it goes straight from the river to the pan. You could substitute sole if you like. A variation of a Canadian Living recipe from way back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- 2In another bowl combine egg and salt.
- 3In last bowl combine bread crumbs and almonds.
- 4Coat fish in flour, then eggs and lastly crumb mixture, coating all sides well.
- 5Place on a rack to dry a bit.
- 6In a large skillet melt 2 T.
- 7of the butter; cook fish over medium high heat, turning once and adding an additional 2 T.
- 8butter, until fish flakes easily, about 5 minutes.
- 9Transfer fish,with a slotted spoon, to a plate and keep warm.
- 10In the skillet melt the remaining butter and cook the sliced almonds until lightly browned- watch carefully.
- 11Add lemon juice, salt and pepper and pour over fish.
Nutritional Facts for Double Almond Pickerel Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.4
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 851.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: