Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I want to give a very big thank you to a Chef from here on " ZAAR " , who's recipe inspired me to make up my own recipe. :). The Chef who inspired me wants to remain nameless, so that's the way it will be. If you like almonds as much as I do, you really are going to enjoy this cookie.If you are using whole almonds chop them before measuring. Also if you like a cookie that has a sweet/salty thing going on, use the roasted and salted almonds. To flatten the cookies,use the flat bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.The way that this recipe is written gives me 32 cookies, depending on how big you make yours you might get more or less. The time for each cookie sheet is the time for baking. Please let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes before removing, let finish cooling on wire racks. And thanks again to my " Secret Chef " . ( You know who you are ;) ) . Submitted to " ZAAR " on April 16th, 2009.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour,soda, and cream of tartar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together both sugars,shortening, and margarine mixing well.
- Add egg and extract,mix well.
- Then add flour to creamed mixture a little at a time until well blended.
- Stir in almonds.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough and shape into balls, placing on cookie sheets.
- Flatten each slightly with the bottom of a sugar coated glass.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until just lightly browned, ( Don't let the cookies burn ).