Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Photo courtesy of Almond Board of California This healthy high protein version of the ultimate classic cookie is made from almond flour and speckled with sliced almonds. Easy to make and even easier to eat, enjoy for dessert, or use as a post workout snack to boost your energy. http://www.elanaspantry.com/silver-dollar-pancakes/
- 2 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips 73% cacao
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine grapeseed oil, agave and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and almond slices.
- Spoon dough 1 heaping tablespoon at a time onto a parchment lined baking sheet, pressing down with palm of your hand to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheets for 20 minutes, then serve.