Recipe by Tea Jenny
This is a quick fix if you need a pudding in a hurry, it look's a bit pale but once the custard is on you won't notice and it is so light and tasty. My DH will not eat pudding so when I have company at short notice I can serve this, it always goes down a treat. You can use veg suet I do.
- 3 tablespoons jam
- 125 g self raising flour
- 50 g shredded suet
- 50 g caster sugar
- 5 ml spoon vanilla essence
- 1 medium egg
- 6 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 900ml pudding basin and place jam in the base.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the suet, and sugar and mix.
- Mix the vanilla essence, egg, and 6tbls of milk together in a separate bowl.
- Then mix the contents of the two bowls together, do not beat.
- Pour over the jam and cover with cling film and puncturing to prevent ballooning.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Take out and let it stand for 5 minutes before removing the cling film and invert pudding onto a plate.
- Serve with cream or custard.