Tea Jenny's Note:
This is a quick fix if you need a pudding in a hurry, it look's a bit pale but once the custard is on you won't notice and it is so light and tasty. My DH will not eat pudding so when I have company at short notice I can serve this, it always goes down a treat. You can use veg suet I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease 900ml pudding basin and place jam in the base.
- 2Sift the flour into a bowl and add the suet, and sugar and mix.
- 3Mix the vanilla essence, egg, and 6tbls of milk together in a separate bowl.
- 4Then mix the contents of the two bowls together, do not beat.
- 5Pour over the jam and cover with cling film and puncturing to prevent ballooning.
- 6Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- 7Take out and let it stand for 5 minutes before removing the cling film and invert pudding onto a plate.
- 8Serve with cream or custard.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dotty's Jam Cap Pudding(Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.2 mg
- Sodium 33.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g