1/2 Photos of Dottie's Zucchini, Chicken, and Rice Casserole
1 hr 15 mins
From Southernfoodabout.com. Can be made ahead and refrigerated before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups zucchini, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup white rice or 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth or 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large sautee pan and saute 1 cup of the onions with the garlic for 2 minutes.
- 3Add the zucchini and mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes more.
- 4Combine the vegtables with the cooked chicken, rice, broth, spices, and cheese. Mix and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 5Place mixture in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 6Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and saute the remaining cup of onions for 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes and chili powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Spoon the topping over the rice and chicken mixture.
- 8Bake for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dottie's Zucchini, Chicken, and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (419 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.5
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 89.7 mg
- Sodium 762.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 41.2 g