Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a very elegant salad. Goes well with everything and is very popular.
Make and share this Dottie's Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cantiny blue lake green beans
- 1 white onion, sliced paper thin
- kosher tomatoes, sliced thin
- 0.5 (16 ounce) bottlewish bone Italian dressing
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- fresh lettuce
- 1 slice crumbled bacon
- Heat dressing and spices in sauce pot.
- Layer green beans, onion rings and kosher tomatoes.
- Top with dressing and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Place a serving of the above on lettuce and sprinkle with bacon.
Just delicious. I also couldn't find the Kosher sour tomatoes I like, and I substituted the Kosher sour pickles. Super dish..
This was sooooo!!! good. But I did have trouble finding the pickled tomatoes and substituted thinly sliced kosher pickles for them. Great hit at our party yesterday. Debbie