Prep 10 hrs
Cook 45 mins
One of our church members made this dish for the church staff when we were invited to her home for a Christmas luncheon. It was delicious! So much so that we all begged for the recipe! For the complete elegant meal that we were served, please also check out "Green Chili Rice Bake", "Spiked Pork Tenderloin with Sunny Pear Chutney" and "Cherry-Cream Cheese Pie with Graham Cracker Crust". A meal that's a perfect "10"!
- 3 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 (16 ounce) canswhole baby carrots
- 2 (4 ounce) cans button mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Drain beans, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Put layer of green beans into a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Top with layer of carrots.
- Saute mushrooms in margarine, then add seasonings and onions.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Leave foil on and warm in oven 45 minutes at 325 degrees.
This recipe was a nice change to a recipes that use a cream soup base. I gave it four stars because while it was very tasty, I wouldn't rave over it. I will make it again, however. Thanks for sharing the recipe!