Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This was given to me many years ago by an English lady who was the cook at the Maternity Hospital where I had 2 of my daughters and where I later nurse aided. I always think of her when I make it.
- Cream together the butter & sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Add eggs and cornflour and beat for 6 minutes on medium speed.
- Fold in the baking powder.
- Pour into a greased & lined reasonably deep 8" tin.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 350'F.
- Remove from oven when a cake tester comes out clean.
- Stand for 10 minutes before removing from tin.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or coffee.
- OPTIONAL: A larger cake can be made by increasing butter, sugar and cornflour to 9oz each and bake in a 10" tin.