Dot brought this hummus to a meeting when Anne was alive, so we're pretty sure she ate it.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained (save juice)
- 1⁄2 cup tahini
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice (bottled or fresh)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup reserved juices (from drained chickpea can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chickpeas, tahini, garlic, and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Slowly pour in 1/4 cup juice from chickpean can and process again.
- Check consistency: it should be spreadable, not runny.
- Add more chickpea can juice if it is too thick.
- Scrape it into a bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight.