Recipe by CMarsh6744
My wonder MIL used to make this when all the kids would come home for a visit. She was an Air Force wife and had learned so many quick and easy (& delicious) recipes through the years. She can no longer cook, but all the recipes and flavors bring back only the best of memories.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package sloppy joe seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup potato flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, potato flakes, cut in butter. Stir in milk to make stiff dough.
- Pat half the dough into a 10 inch circle on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place remaining dough between two layers of waxed paper. Roll out in a circle to cover bottom crust for later.
- Brown ground beef and drain off fat. Sprinkle with salt and seasoning. Stir in the tomato sauce.
- Spread mixture on crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Add top crust and brush with the additional milk. Sprinkle additional potato flakes and butter over top.
- Bake at 425 for 20 to 25 min or until crust is golden brown.