Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Remember when you could buy a 4 inch wide by 18 inch piece of paper with little sugar dots for a penny? I would get them at the local bakery. You can now make them or make them smaller for cake decoration. The good thing is that you can make them any color you need.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk (depending on whether you want a thicker or runnier consistency)
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 -2 drop food coloring, gel best
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or whatever flavor you want)
- Mix everything except the color only using 1 tablespoon of milk. Add milk to get to the consistency you want.
- If you want several colors, divide and color as you want.
- Either put in plastic bag and snip corner or use a pastry bag with #3 tip (larger or smaller depending on what you are doing with them).
- Make little dots on parchment paper.
- Let dry for a few hours.
- Store on paper in an airtight container.
- You will probably get 150-200 dots.