Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In response to a request, I haven't tried these, but they sound intriguing. This is an Indian lentil and rice pancake. The mixture needs to soften and set for sometime, you'll need at least 1 1/2 days to complete the process.
- Combine 6 cups water, rice and lentils in a large bowl.
- Cover and let stand 8 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Place the rice mixture, 1 1/4 cups water, and sugar in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Spoon batter in a clean bowl and cover.
- Let stand for 12 hours (in a warm place free from drafts) or overnight.
- Stir in salt.
- Heat 1/2 tsp.
- of oil in an iron skillet.
- Spoon 1/3 cup into pan and heat over medium heat.
- Turn pancake over when bubbles form and edges are cooked.
- Repeat until batter is cooked.