Recipe by crazymom
The most moist cake I have ever tasted--light and sweet.
Top Review by MA HIKER
Wow! This was easy to make and delicious. I just put the eggs & sugar into my tabletop mixer and did other stuff as they mixed together. I made this the night before our gathering so the flavors really soaked. I used skim evaporated milk & lowfat sw. condensed milk. Was tempted to try egg beaters, maybe next time. To make it TRES leche - Ioosely frosted with lowfat whipped topping. delicious!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk or 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whip eggs, sugar and salt until tripled in bulk.
- Fold in flour.
- Pour mixture into 9x11-inch, well buttered pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes; set aside to cool.
- Poke holes on top of cake. Combine milks and flavoring and pour over cake.
- Allow to soak in at least 2 hours.