Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
After looking at a pouch of dehydrated veggy soup with all the additives I came up with this one using a lot of fresh veggies.You may add more or less veggies according to your family's taste.
- 1 lb lean ground chuck
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) cangreen giant whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 cup sea shell macaroni
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 2 (48 ounce) canscollage inn beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In large soup kettle fry lean ground chuck, onions and garlic with salt and pepper until browned.
- Add beef broth, V-8 juice, bring to a boil.
- Add diced carrots and celery, green beans. Put lid on and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add frozen peas, corn, barley and macaroni.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put in soup bowls and serve with cornbread or a crusty loaf of bread.