Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 mins
I came up with this recipe to up use a Honey Baked ham bone. I don't even like peas, but this soup has the best flavor and no pieces of peas in it!
- 1 (10 ounce) bag dried split peas
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 honey baked ham bone
- 2 cups finely chopped ham
- 12 cups water
- Rinse split peas and pick over.
- In large soup kettle put in peas, onions, bullion cubes and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, covered for 2 hours.
- Add carrots and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add ham and simmer for 10 minutes.