Recipe by Kimke
A friend made this for our book club and it was addicting. I immediately asked for the recipe and have enjoyed it since. It's really different and makes a nice appetizer to serve with wine, etc. All amounts are approx.
Top Review by Rita~
I am going to make this again but chill everything before putting into the puff pastry.And the oven temp should have been higher.I will try doing it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.The combination of filling was delish. But the inside was soggy!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted but kept cold in fridge
- 1 leek, sliced (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese, more if desired
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts, more if desired
- fresh ground pepper
- bouquet garni, dried herbs,herbs de provence
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute washed leeks in butter.
- When they begin to soften add a little of the spices to taste.
- Place puff pastry on cookie sheet.
- Quickly spread leeks, cheese and walnuts all the way to the edges.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 minnutes.