Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I've been racking my brain trying to remember which of the Dorothy's I got this from...but all I know is I thought it was delicious. Could be served for light lunch. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup english walnuts, broken up
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip Topping
- 1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (cherry or strawberry)
- Mix dry gelatin (jello) in cottage cheese thoroughly.
- Fold in crushed pineapple, nuts and Cool Whip topping.
- Chill overnight.
- Delicious and pretty pink when turned out.
This is yummy. I think that next time I might even add some mandarin orange pieces too. I love all that fruit mixed in.
I made this with light Cool Whip and lowfat cottage cheese, just to save calories. I also used raspberry flavored Jello. While my husband and I enjoyed it, my kids didn't care for the texture. I may try freezing what's left to see if they'll eat it that way. Otherwise I will gladly eat the rest myself!