Recipe by DotM
This is a pastry that has never failed me, and is very easy to make. Delicious, too.
Top Review by bert
This is one of the best pastries I have ever made. Very easy to 'throw' together and you can keep it in your freezer or fridge til you need it. Comes out very flaky and tender. Thanks for a great recipe, Dorothy.
- 1 lb lard
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the lard in the boiling water and 1 tbsp vinegar.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Stir into the lard mixture.
- Do not overmix.
- Form into a ball and put into fridge until ready to roll out.
- May be frozen.
- When ready to roll out, remove from fridge and make your shells for pies or tarts.