HEP MEP's Note:
I don't know who the heck Dorothy is, but this is pretty good stuff. My husband tore this out of the paper,years back,when I was hospitalized,and begged me to make it when I was feeling better- so I did.Thanks, Dorothy, whoever you are!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb Italian sausage, skin removed
- 1 green pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin rings
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta or 16 ounces penne, cooked about 10 minutes drained and tossed with
- 1 -2 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated,divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.
- 2In a large skillet,combine sausage,pepper and onion,cook until browned.
- 3Stir in sauce and water.
- 4Bring to a boil,then simmer about 5 minutes.
- 5Put 1/2 cup of the sauce in a 9x12 baking dish.
- 6Top with half the pasta and 2 cups mozzarella cheese.
- 7Add remaining 3 cups sauce,remaining pasta and cheese.
- 8Bake 30 minutes,or until done.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dorothy's Baked Mostaccioli
Serving Size: 1 (396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 894.5
- Calories from Fat 397
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.9 mg
- Sodium 1858.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 46.2 g