Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband's grandma gave us this recipe and it tastes just like the real thing. Very easy to make (if my husband can make it anyone can!). He made a double batch and that gave us about two quart canning jars full.
- 1 cup salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns (ground with grinder)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until creamy.
- Pour into canning jar or container and refrigerate overnight.
- Here is an update on this dressing. To thicken the dressing add a little cornstarch.
Awesome recipe! I have loved Dorothy Lynch dressing since I was a kid but don't buy it as much now because it's a little pricey, but now I don't have to worry because I can just make my own! This tastes just like the real deal for a fraction of the cost! We even use it in place of taco sauce on tacos! Try it you'll like it!!
I love it! Easy to make and tastes just like what you buy in the store. Thank you for sharing it. Jne
We love Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing & this as good as it gets....cheaper, too!!! I used Olive Oil instead of salad oil per wife's request & it turned out wonderful!!! This is definately a keeper...THANKS for sharing!!!