Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Aunt Dorothea's recipe from family collection.
- 1 (24 ounce) bag frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper cheese, sliced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 eggs
- salt & pepper
- Grease a 9" pie plate with shortening. Press hash browns between paper towels to absorb moisture. Then line pie plate with hash browns to make a solid crust of potatoes. Brush with melted butter and bake 25 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Fill baked crust with layers of cheese and ham. Beat cream with eggs and seasoning and pour over top.
- Return to oven and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until knife inserted comes out clean or about 30-40 minutes.