Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I don't know who Weezie is, but I got this off the net in college, back when the only ham slices I could afford was a canned ham. It really made that stuff better and I still use it.
- 1 cup honey
- 5 ounces Heinz 57 steak sauce (1/2 the bottle)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (taken from the can)
- 1 (3 lb) canned ham
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the canned ham and drain off all the juice and wipe it off if it has any jelly substance on it.
- Place it in a microwave safe dish. Using toothpicks (brake them in half) place the pineapple tidbits (as many as you want, I cover it) on the ham.
- Mix the juice, honey, and 57 sauce in a small bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds, or until the ingredients are easily combined.
- Microwave the ham, uncovered, over medium heat (70 % or power level 7) for 6 minutes per pound, 15-18 minutes. Brush every 3 minutes with the glaze. Cover with aluminum foil and rest 5 minutes when done.