Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Cookbook compiled by The Nursing Service Dept. of West Nebraska General Hospital, 1977. This recipe belongs to Teri Hopkins.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can enchilada sauce (you pick how spicy)
- 1 (2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos (or use Taco or Cool Ranch flavors)
- Brown hamburger and onion together. Drain extra grease, and over medium heat, add enchilada sauce, chilis and soups. Heat until warmed.
- In 7x13 pan, line bottom with chips and sprinkle with cheese. Pour hamburger mixture over this -- then crush up the rest of the taco chips and cover meat mixture. Cover chips with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes, until heated through.
This was good. The kids liked it more than the adults, but it has Doritos in it, so what kid wouldn't love this? I made as directed, using Cool Ranch chips. DH and I weren't overly fond of the enchilada sauce. I would make this for the kids again and try to sneak some veggies in there to offset some of the fat. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag.