Recipe by NELady
From Cookbook compiled by The Nursing Service Dept. of West Nebraska General Hospital, 1977. This recipe belongs to Teri Hopkins.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
This was good. The kids liked it more than the adults, but it has Doritos in it, so what kid wouldn't love this? I made as directed, using Cool Ranch chips. DH and I weren't overly fond of the enchilada sauce. I would make this for the kids again and try to sneak some veggies in there to offset some of the fat. Made and Reviewed for Please Review My Recipe Tag.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can enchilada sauce (you pick how spicy)
- 1 (2 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) bag nacho cheese flavor Doritos (or use Taco or Cool Ranch flavors)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onion together. Drain extra grease, and over medium heat, add enchilada sauce, chilis and soups. Heat until warmed.
- In 7x13 pan, line bottom with chips and sprinkle with cheese. Pour hamburger mixture over this -- then crush up the rest of the taco chips and cover meat mixture. Cover chips with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350* for 30-45 minutes, until heated through.