Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another recipe my mom used to make. Its different, but SO good! Definitely not like a traditional taco salad. Its a nice alternative though!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (more or less to your liking, I love lettuce and always add more)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (more or less to your liking, I love tomatoes and always add more)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (more or less to your liking, I love cheese and always add more)
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use El Paso, but any will do)
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans (you cant get these everywhere, so you can also use any brand of chilli beans)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) bag Doritos
- Fry ground beef and add taco seasoning.
- Mix ground beef and ALL ingredients, except Doritos (unless you don't mind soggy), in a large bowl.
- Mix in Doritos and enjoy!
- Note: I enjoy this nice and cold from the fridge, but you may prefer it warm or room temperature.
It was a huge hit!! My sister and nieces came for a visit and I made this and she asked for the recipe. I had to use fritos as the store didn't have doritos when I was there. Must have had a huge sale!! Anyway, delicious....will make this quite often.
Yum, yum! This brings me back to my childhood> I forgot all about it an was so excited whn I saw it> My mother used to make this and it was one of our favorites. 20 years later, my teenagers love this! In fact, they are upset when they are not here when I make it!
This is a must have for my family, we have made this for years and it started with one of my sisters many my ex boyfriends making this yummy dinner, snack, or take along. We add onions and whatever else salad topping you like.