Recipe by dr_kaley
Another recipe my mom used to make. Its different, but SO good! Definitely not like a traditional taco salad. Its a nice alternative though!
Top Review by nemokitty
It was a huge hit!! My sister and nieces came for a visit and I made this and she asked for the recipe. I had to use fritos as the store didn't have doritos when I was there. Must have had a huge sale!! Anyway, delicious....will make this quite often.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped lettuce (more or less to your liking, I love lettuce and always add more)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (more or less to your liking, I love tomatoes and always add more)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (more or less to your liking, I love cheese and always add more)
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use El Paso, but any will do)
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans (you cant get these everywhere, so you can also use any brand of chilli beans)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) bag Doritos
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry ground beef and add taco seasoning.
- Mix ground beef and ALL ingredients, except Doritos (unless you don't mind soggy), in a large bowl.
- Mix in Doritos and enjoy!
- Note: I enjoy this nice and cold from the fridge, but you may prefer it warm or room temperature.