Recipe by donna_gci
Great with sour cream and rice.
Top Review by Lorie H.
My family do not normally care for casseroles. I just told them this was "Mexican Chicken". My husband and son both enjoyed it and went back for seconds. I also was afraid that with both cream of chicken and cream of mushroom it would be too bland. So added 1/2 can of green chiles to give it a little more kick. I think it was just what it needed. I will definitely be making it again.
- 4 chicken breasts, stewed, boned & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (11 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Doritos
- 3⁄4 lb Velveeta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions in butter. Add soups & tomatoes.
- Cube Velveeta, add & simmer until it melts.
- Add chicken.
- Crumble Doritos in bottom of casserole (save a few for top of casserole).
- Add chicken mixture and top with remaining Doritos.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.