My mom was given this recipe while I was in Junior High. Great for a quick meal on the go - served me well while I was working and raising 3 boys.
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can Bush's red beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bottlekraft french Catalina dressing
- 1⁄2 cup water (use dressing bottle)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- lettuce, shredded
- tomato, chopped
- grated cheddar cheese
- dorito's nacho chip
- In large skillet brown ground beef.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in onion and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- Add seasonings, red beans, salad dressing and water.
- (Note: Fill salad dressing bottle half way and shake well before adding to ground beef mixture.).
- Stir to mix and allow to simmer over medium low heat 15 minutes.
- Place Dorito's Chips on plate- crush slightly if desired.
- Spoon meat& bean mixture over top and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes& cheese.
Excellent!! The only thing that I did differently was to use ground turkey...otherwise I followed the directions exactly. I topped with all of the suggested toppings plus sour cream and black olives. Fast and easy to make! Thanks so much for posting!!
This is so very yummy. I had a similar recipe that I got in jr. high that used fritos and italian dressing. I like this one so much better! Even my picky eater really liked it.
okay - my aunt TED (don't know why we called her that, but we did) - made this for us - it was awesome, and I haven't had it since I was a kid - so happy to make it again!!! Catalina dressing is definitely the trick! Thanks for posting!