1/1 Photo of Dorito Mexican Salad
My mom was given this recipe while I was in Junior High. Great for a quick meal on the go - served me well while I was working and raising 3 boys.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can Bush's red beans
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle kraft french Catalina dressing
- 1/2 cup water (use dressing bottle)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- lettuce, shredded
- tomato, chopped
- grated cheddar cheese
- dorito's nacho chip
- 1In large skillet brown ground beef.
- 2Drain and return to skillet.
- 3Stir in onion and continue to cook 5 minutes.
- 4Add seasonings, red beans, salad dressing and water.
- 5(Note: Fill salad dressing bottle half way and shake well before adding to ground beef mixture.).
- 6Stir to mix and allow to simmer over medium low heat 15 minutes.
- 7Place Dorito's Chips on plate- crush slightly if desired.
- 8Spoon meat& bean mixture over top and garnish with lettuce, tomatoes& cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dorito Mexican Salad
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 829.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bush's red beans