Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
My husbands absolute favorite! He asks for them often! I have made this recipe hundreds of times!! You can use this as an appetizer or a main dish.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- favorite flavor of dorito's tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with no stick cooking spray.
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine mayo, milk in a large bowl.
- Place tortilla chips and taco seasoning in zip lock baggie, crush chips into medium size crumbs.
- Pour chip mix into a medium size bowl.
- Coat chicken strips in mayo mixture, then in the crushed tortilla chips.
- Place on baking sheet, be sure to not overlap.
- Bake until just browned and chicken is cooked through about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa.
I used sweet chili heat Doritos with chipotle powder instead of taco seasoning and cooking sucked all the flavour out of it! It was much more mild coming out of the oven. Thanks for posting :)
These had a unique Mexican flavor to them, but it was delicious. I used twice the "seasoning" as directed for 4 breasts though I should've left out the salt because it certainly doesn't need it with the Doritos. Chopping up the chips in the food processor helped keep them on the chicken. And we dipped them in ranch just to try....it turns out I won't ever be serving them without it!
Very good and kid friendly! I think I'll try a spicier kind next. The nacho flavor didn't give it quite enough zip. Thanks for an easy recipe!