Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A freind gave me this recipe. It is really yummy. I personally like to use the salsa de jalapeno flavor, because it makes it nice and spicy, but it also tastes good with the cheese flavored doritos.
- 7 ounces salsa
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (14 ounce) bag plain Doritos (pick your flavor)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- chopped tomato
- chopped lettuce
- chopped green onion
- chopped olive
- Dice chicken into bite size pieces and cook until done.
- Mix sour cream, soup and salsa; add chicken to mixture.
- Layer Doritos, mixture , and cheese. Repeat, ending with cheese.
- Bake at 375º for 20 minutes (or microwave for 10 minutes on High).
- Let cool slightly and serve with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and olives. Very good with salsa on top!
This was an easy recipe to throw together on a work night. Most of my family liked it okay, my fiancee had 3 servings, but I thought it was a little mushy. Going to try making it again without the Doritos in the mix. Maybe placing them on a plate and covering with the meat mixture just before serving will keep them crispy. All in all this was good and will be made again!
Made this for my boys for lunch and they enjoyed it. I followed the recipe as written other then I cut pack a bit on the sour cream. I also used a cup of salsa instead of 7 ounces. Made for Spring PAC 2010.