Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 4 cups sugar
- 5 cups pecans
- 4 tablespoons Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can water
- Mix all ingredients except butter, vanilla, and pecans.
- Cook on low fire until the mixture forms a soft ball in cold water.
- Remove from fire.
- Add butter, vanilla, and pecans, and beat until the mixture holds its shape.
- Spoon onto buttered wax paper (Add old newspaper under your wax
- If candy gets hard before all is spooned out, add a little water, and heat over.
- Or you can let it stand on low heat while spooning out.