Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom makes this recipe for the holidays. I love the taste and texture. I even eat the leftovers for breakfast. This dish is always a hit at any party.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) box black cherry gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled apple (can be omitted)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Prepare the apples, celery, and walnuts (set aside).
- Combine pineapple& water in a saucepan.
- Heat just to boiling& add gelatin.
- Stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- Add other ingredients, stir well, and turn off burner.
- Pour into bowl.
- Chill until firm.
This salad is similar to a whole berry cranberry sauce. It is easy to make a has a delightful taste. Remember not to chop the celery to finely or it will over power the fruity taste. This recipe is not only for the holidays. I will definitely make it again.
This salad tasted pretty good I like the flavor the apples added to the salad. Thanks MeliDe DeMeto