Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These are my grandma's famous cheese potatoes. She made them every holiday, and the dish was always empty. These go great with Ham.
- 8 big baking potatoes
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Hellmanns Mayonnaise (must use real mayo not miracle whip)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon (can use baco's)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green olives
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel potatoes, cook in boiling water about 20 minutes until tender.
- Cool and chop potatoes in cubes.
- Mix all other above ingredients.
- Put potatoes in lightly greased 9X13 pan.
- Put cheese mixture over top, mix to coat potatoes.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Salt+ pepper to your liking.
Since its just DH and I, I halved the recipe and lefted out the Velveeta cheese only cause I didn't have any on hand and added Monterey Jack Cheese instead. I also used black olives in place of the green olives cause that is what I had on hand. I also added alittle green bell pepper for extra flavor. DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)