Recipe by Vamy
These are my grandma's famous cheese potatoes. She made them every holiday, and the dish was always empty. These go great with Ham.
Top Review by Marsha D.
Since its just DH and I, I halved the recipe and lefted out the Velveeta cheese only cause I didn't have any on hand and added Monterey Jack Cheese instead. I also used black olives in place of the green olives cause that is what I had on hand. I also added alittle green bell pepper for extra flavor. DELICIOUS! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
- 8 big baking potatoes
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup Hellmanns Mayonnaise (must use real mayo not miracle whip)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled bacon (can use baco's)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green olives
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Peel potatoes, cook in boiling water about 20 minutes until tender.
- Cool and chop potatoes in cubes.
- Mix all other above ingredients.
- Put potatoes in lightly greased 9X13 pan.
- Put cheese mixture over top, mix to coat potatoes.
- Cover dish with foil, and bake at 325 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Salt+ pepper to your liking.