1/1 Photo of Dorion Strawberry Pie
4 hrs 30 mins
MA Blossom's Note:
When we lived in Northwestern Ontario, we would go strawberry picking at Ouimet Valley Strawberries. As you left, the good people gave you a sheet of strawberry recipes. This one was originally called Wisconsin Strawberry Pie, but to me it will always remind me of a June day in Dorion. This pie is a summertime treat and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare mashed strawberries.
- 2In a two-quart saucepan, mix together sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in mashed berries and water.
- 3Cook mashed berry mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- 4Boil mixture about one minute, stirring all the time. Remove from heat and cool.
- 5Soften cream cheese and beat until smooth.
- 6Spread cream cheese on bottom of pie shell.
- 7Fill pie shell with whole or halved berries.
- 8Top with cooked strawberry mixture.
- 9Chill until set, about four hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dorion Strawberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 276.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 40.1 g
- Protein 5.7 g