Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My friend Jeff's mom Donna makes some pretty awesome chili. It's really easy and not very spicy. If you like it hotter you can always serve hot sauce or diced jalepeno on the side. She recommends serving with crackers and beer.
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (or 3 cans)
- 3 (12 ounce) canshormel hot chili beans
- 2 (4 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- crushed red pepper flakes
- garlic salt
- onion salt
- Brown the beef and onion in a large frying pan. Season with salt, pepper, garlic salt, onion salt, oregano, crushed red pepper and parsley to taste. Transfer meat mixture to a large stock pot.
- Add the stewed tomatoes, chili beans, tomato paste and sugar.
- Simmer on low heat for an hour, taste and adjust seasonings as needed.