Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This was given to me by a friend. Dora used to make this for the church bazaars. I make some every year. Serve it with meat or on a hamburger. Hope you enjoy it.
- 15 large tomatoes
- 6 peaches
- 6 pears
- 4 large onions
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons mixed pickling spices, tied in cheesecloths
- Chop all vegetables mix with vinegar, sugar and spices in cheesecloth.
- Boil gently for 1 to 2 hours.
- Prepare 6 pint jars.
- Ladle fruit mixture into hot jars, remove bubbles.
- Wipe the rim with a damp cloth and place lids.
- Put in water bath for 10 minutes. Lift out jars and set aside. Lids will pop and then label and place in a dark area.