Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This mix will help make your bread raise higher and have a better texture. It should also help your bread stay fresher a little longer. It won't change the taste of your bread, but it will make your bread lighter. Try it!
- 1 cup lecithin granules (see note below)
- 1 tablespoon fruit fresh (see note below- or granulated vitamin C powder)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (the ground dry stuff in the spice aisle)
- Add one tablespoon to each loaf of bread mix (about 1 Tbsp per 3 cups of flour). Make bread as called for in your directions!
- *Fruit Fresh can be found in the section of your store that carries canning supplies- it is often added to fruit jams to keep them from browning. It is actually just a form of vitamin C (ascorbic acid).
- As for the lethicin, I use Bobs Red Mill brand available in larger grocery or health food stores wherever you find his brand of bagged grains.
I am so grateful to find your recipe! My whole wheat cinnamon roll turned out SO WONDERFUL! Despite of whole wheat, they were very moist and tender. Thank you very much!!!