1/1 Photo of Dopiaza (Pork Curry With Onions)
2 hrs 20 mins
I found this on a site somewhere on the internet, it's really simple and very tasty with all the onions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop half the onions very finely.
- 2Heat the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan or flame-proof casserole add the onions and the lime or lemon juice and fry very gently for 20 minutes stirring frequently until light golden and quite dry.
- 3Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- 4Add the pork to the residual ghee in the pan and fry over high heat until well browned on all sides.
- 5Transfer with a slotted spoon to a seperate plate.
- 6Thinly slice the remaining onions. Add to the pan with the coriander turmeric, fenugreek, salt and chilli powder.
- 7Fry gently for about ten minutes until the onions are soft then return the pork to the pan and stir to mix with the onions.
- 8Moisten with a few tablespoons of water if necessary, then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- 9Add the reserved chopped onion to the pork and mix well.
- 10Continue cooking for about 15 minutes stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and almost dry.
- 11Turn into a warmed serving dish and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dopiaza (Pork Curry With Onions)
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.2
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.7 mg
- Sodium 688.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 35.3 g