Recipe by JustJanS
I found this on a site somewhere on the internet, it's really simple and very tasty with all the onions.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs onions, skinned
- 4 tablespoons ghee or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop half the onions very finely.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-based saucepan or flame-proof casserole add the onions and the lime or lemon juice and fry very gently for 20 minutes stirring frequently until light golden and quite dry.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside on a plate.
- Add the pork to the residual ghee in the pan and fry over high heat until well browned on all sides.
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a seperate plate.
- Thinly slice the remaining onions. Add to the pan with the coriander turmeric, fenugreek, salt and chilli powder.
- Fry gently for about ten minutes until the onions are soft then return the pork to the pan and stir to mix with the onions.
- Moisten with a few tablespoons of water if necessary, then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or until the pork is tender.
- Add the reserved chopped onion to the pork and mix well.
- Continue cooking for about 15 minutes stirring constantly until the sauce is thick and almost dry.
- Turn into a warmed serving dish and serve hot.